WinRAR supports huge number of formats (including RAR, ZIP, 7Z, ISO), it has several modes of compression, can repair damaged files, and measure the performance.
- Platform: Windows 7, Windows 8 (8.1), Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).
Features of the WinRAR
- Work with files in the following formats: Z, ZIP, 7Z, RAR, 7-ZIP, ACE, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, ISO, JAR, LZH, UUE and GZ.
- Create archives in RAR or ZIP format. RAR in contrast to ZIP will create a multi-volume archives and compresses files perfectly, especially in the mode of creating a continuous archive.
- Create self-extracting SFX-archives.
- Create multivolume archives for storage on the removable media, or send by e-mail.
- Testing of a single file or an entire file for errors.
- Protecting archives from damage. This feature will allow you to recover files WinRAR in case of partial loss or hard disk damage.
- Restore corrupted files.
- Check the selected files or an entire archive for viruses. To use this feature, you must have a virus scanner on your PC.
- Adding files to your favorites.
- Convert files from one format to another.
- Password protection. If you think that files, added to the archive, fall into the hands of strangers, it is best to set a password on it and encrypt files. You also have the ability to block content in the archive for the best protection against unauthorized access. In this mode, you can copy, move, extract, or delete files.
- Extract and copy the files to the clipboard.
- Support the Wizard for creation and management archives (for beginners).