After installation of the Dropbox on your PC, there appears a folder "My Dropbox". It looks exactly the same as the other folders on your PC, but it has some significant differences. You are able to store music, photos, videos, office documents and other file types in this folder. Access to a folder can be accessed from any device (PC, tablet, mobile phone), where the program is installed. The maximum size of the folder is 2 GB, but it can be increased up to 16 GB for free.
- Platform: Windows 7, Windows 8 (8.1), Windows XP, Vista or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
Features of the Dropbox
- Automatically synchronize data between devices. It is enough to place the file in the folder "My Dropbox", and it will be available on all your devices, where you installed the program. In addition, you do not need to worry about the safety of documents. If there is a failure of PC equipment, you can get access to the files from another computer, tablet or mobile phone, as the documents are stored on a remote server.
- Work with the document or presentation by a group of people. To do this, you need to create a shared folder to specific users and put the necessary documents. Any changes to the documents are automatically synchronized between devices of its participants.
- Sending the links for the files downloading. In this case, the service acts as a file sharing service. There is no need for your friends to have a program on there device to download a particular file.
- Logging of the download history. If you fundamentally or accidentally deleted files from the server, they can be recovered at any time.
- Logging of the changes history on the basis of diff-encoded files. Within 30 days, you can cancel the changes, made to the files. Also there is available a function of "Pack-Rat", providing perpetual recording of the history of changes.
- Transmission files via SSL secure channel.