Hard Disk Drive (abbr HDD) - this storage device based on the principle of magnetic recording. The hard drive stores all data on the hard plates. These plates contain tracks and sectors, that are mapped with a magnetic label. It is very often case, when sectors on the disk surface may become damaged over time, and such cases lead to the problems when PC freezes, cannot boot or restarts unexpectedly.
Victoria HDD tiny utility allows you to carry out diagnostics, test and repair of the hard drive. For running the Victoria HDD please run executable file with administrative rights.
- Read passport data of the hard drive and provide detailed information about it. You can view the S.M.A.R.T parameters of HDD and evaluate it's state by the scale and status.
- Support five modes to test the hard disk surface.
- Plotting surface of the disk: full and approximate.
- Elimination of a hard disk failure. Victoria will detect the broken sectors of HDD. Generally, such failures occur because of distortion of the transmit and receive various types of information.
- Clean up your hard disk. It can be easy to implement disk formatting.
- Display unstable areas of drive (bad sectors) with indicating the exact address of each broken sector and record them in a separate file in the folder.
- Hiding defects. You cane hide the defects of bad sectors on the disk surface with one of three possible test modes for errors, choosing "Remap" option.
- Performance measurement. With Victoria you can measure HDD performance (you can evaluate speed of the positioned head) according to the schedule or numerical indicators.